Sunday, June 22, 2014

Blogging

As new author I get tons of advice from other writers. One important thing any writer must do is self-promote. I don't know about anybody else but I find selling myself something very hard to do. It is almost as difficult as going on a job interview. The concept is the same, you are promoting yourself and your skills so an employer or in this case a reader is willing to invest their time and their money to take a chance on you and consider your work. As writers we want the public to more than consider us, we want them to follow us and read everything we publish.

How do writers self-promote? They keep writing books and utilize social media. Ten years ago social media was probably the wave of the future. Guess what....the future is here. People spend more time behind a computer than they ever have. Technology gives new meaning to anti-social. I am just as guilty but if I am to try and succeed I have to embrace our social media culture.

So here I am, blogging. Actually I am procrastinating at blogging. Even now as I type I am paying more attention to episode one in the final season of True Blood. Coming up with something interesting to write on a regular basis will be a challenge but one I am willing to take on if I want my voice or rather my words heard. So I hope if you are reading this you might stop by again and maybe even leave a comment.  Enjoy your Sunday evening. Monday morning and the start of a new week will be here before we know it.

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog. Hope to hear from you. Comments?

- Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment